Insurance and Billing
We accept the following insurances:
|Aetna||Humana/Choice Care||Senior Whole Health|
|Blue Cross – including Medicare Advantage Products||Mass Health – specialty referrals only||Tufts Health Plan|
|Cigna||Medicare – Part B Services||Unicare|
|Fallon Community Health Plan||Neighborhood Health Plan||United Healthcare – includes Evercare/Erickson Advantage|
|First Health/CCN Network (HCVM)||Multi-Plan/PHCS||US Family Health Plan – specialty referrals only|
|Great-West Health Care||Tri-Care – excluding Prime plan||Other, please contact us|
|Harvard Pilgrim Health Care|
Please be sure to bring your insurance card with you each time you visit the office.
You should familiarize yourself with your insurance coverage benefits. If you have any questions regarding the acceptance of your particular health plan, please call our billing department at 781-952-1500, Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Harbor Medical Associates Payment Policy
HARBOR MEDICAL ASSOCIATES is pleased that you have chosen our practice for your medical care. Personal and compassionate care is the first priority amongst our staff. To keep the cost of your healthcare to a minimum, HMA requests that you please review the guidelines below.
- Payment for services provided in the physician’s office is expected at the conclusion of your visit.
- For your convenience, we accept cash, check and credit card payments.
- Please arrive prepared to make payment at the time of service.
- Patient statements are sent out monthly. Although we do not expect payment in full from our patients with financial difficulty, we do accept monthly payments. Information on automatic payment plans is available upon request.
Patients with Health Insurance
Insurance is an arrangement between an individual and an insurance company (and sometimes an employer) to help that person pay the cost of medical care. Each plan has individual limitations as to what it specifically covers. Due to variations in deductible and co-payment requirements, insurance rarely covers the entire bill. There are so many new and different insurance plans available, it is impossible for HMA to be familiar with each insurance arrangement.
It is the responsibility of the patient to know and understand the details of their insurance coverage.
- Please bring your insurance card to each visit so the office staff can verify eligibility.
- Co-payments and any prior patient balance will be collected at the time of service.
- Patients who do not present their insurance card at the time of the visit may be required to pay for the service. Due to filing limitations with the insurance carriers, it is your responsibility to inform the HMA Billing Department of your health insurance coverage within 5 business days.
- Not all services may be covered by your insurance plan. Therefore, the obligation to understand what services are covered remains your responsibility.
- You may be required to sign a non-covered services waiver so that we can bill you directly.
HMO Insurance Plan
Services requiring Referral/Pre-Certification or Authorization
Your insurance will not pay for any visit or service, which has not been referred by your Primary Care Physician (PCP). You are, therefore, responsible to confirm we receive the appropriate referral, pre-certification or authorization from your PCP. If we do not receive this form by the time of your appointment, you will be financially liable to Harbor Medical Associates for the entire fee. Your insurance company has instituted this policy to allow them to refuse payment for the non-referred visit or service.
Worker's Compensation/Motor Vehicle Accident Services
- Please inform the scheduling staff that your visit is due to either a work-related injury or an auto accident.
- All patients will be required to complete an information form before seeing the provider. Please bring your employer’s information, worker’s compensation or auto insurance carrier information and claim number, if available, with you.
Harbor Medical Associates finds it necessary to charge a “No Show” fee for missed appointments or for appointments canceled without 24 hours notice. We regret that we have determined it necessary to institute this policy. However, by canceling your appointment 24 hours or more prior to the appointment, you will avoid this fee.
You must pay all patient balances within 30 days of receiving a bill from Harbor Medical Associates. If you have not paid your balance, in full, ninety (90) days after the date of the original bill, your account will be turned over for collection. You will be held responsible for your entire balance.